- The collection of personal information by Yarrows is governed by the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 and its amendments.
- ‘Personal information’ means information about an identifiable individual.
- Any staff member who wishes to collect, store, access or use personal information must adhere to the Information Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act, which are set out in the attached Appendix.
- At various stages an individual may be requested to provide the Company with personal information including contact details. Personal information will only be requested if it is necessary for the operation of the business or to provide a service to an individual or if it is necessary by law. For example, such a request may arise for company administrative reasons or where an individual asks the Company to provide them with information or provide them with a product or service.
- Managers are responsible for ensuring that all systems, processes and practices in the areas for which they are responsible conform to the Privacy Act and the Information Privacy Principles.
- Any questions by staff about the interpretation of, or compliance with, the Privacy Act, should be referred to the Company